Start your preparation with HUNAR INDIA and get selected
Unlock your potential under the guidance of our subject matter experts
Dr. BUSHRA KHAN (Subject Expert Biology)
Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS)
Zoology is one of the two major subjects in the NEET exam, the other being Botany. The Zoology section of the NEET exam is worth 50 questions, or 360 marks. The questions in the Zoology section are multiple choice and are based on the NCERT textbooks for Class 11 and 12.
The following are some of the most important topics in Zoology for the NEET exam:
- Animal Diversity - This chapter covers the different types of animals, their classification, and their characteristics.
- Structural Organization in Animals - This chapter covers the different body systems of animals, such as the digestive system, the respiratory system, and the circulatory system.
- Reproduction in Animals - This chapter covers the different types of reproduction in animals, such as sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction.
- Developmental Biology - This chapter covers the different stages of development in animals, from fertilization to birth.
- Ecology - This chapter covers the interactions between organisms and their environment.
In addition to these topics, there are also a number of other important topics in Zoology that are not covered in the NCERT textbooks. These topics include:
- Immunology - This chapter covers the body's immune system and how it protects against disease.
- Genetics - This chapter covers the principles of genetics, such as DNA, genes, and inheritance.
- Biochemistry - This chapter covers the chemical processes that occur in living organisms.
The best way to prepare for the Zoology section of the NEET exam is to study the NCERT textbooks thoroughly and to practice answering questions from previous NEET exams. There are also a number of helpful resources available online and in libraries, such as practice questions, review books, and online courses.
Here are some tips for studying Zoology for the NEET exam:
- Start early. The NEET exam is a very competitive exam, so it is important to start studying early. This will give you plenty of time to cover all of the material and to practice answering questions.
- Create a study schedule. Once you have a good understanding of the material, create a study schedule that will help you stay on track. Make sure to include time for both review and practice.
- Find a study partner. Studying with a friend or classmate can be a great way to stay motivated and to learn from each other.
- Take practice tests. Taking practice tests is a great way to assess your progress and to identify areas where you need more practice.
- Don't give up. The NEET exam is a challenging exam, but if you study hard and stay focused, you can achieve your goal of getting a good score.